FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:42 pm
UA Fan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by slhansen219
Any idea what the conversion rate of US air miles to AA miles will be?
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
OK, (sarcasm turned on) you really had to ask THAT questions...... Since US miles are so devalued (this according to many on FT) the conversion rate will be 10-1....
Originally Posted by onthego15
You're not even close. I heard from a very reliable source that the conversion rate will the square root of your AA miles total divided by the total of your US miles on the merger date minus the number of AA miles you have redeemed since Jan. 1, 2010, plus the number of BIS US miles you've flown since August 18, 1999 times the square root of your AA frequent flyer number.
I've also heard there will be a bonus for transfers made on Tuesdays, but I don't yet know the bonus formula (I think it depends on your birthday).
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Sarcasm off (or at least reduced?) but homework assignment on:

Go to the approviate (pre-merger) forums and figure out what the convertion rate of NW miles was to DL miles and what the conversion rate of CO miles was to UA miles. Also investigate the conversion rate between Southwest and AirTran (in both directions), in their current forums. @:-)

(By investigate, I mean search and read, not ask all over the place.)
Let's go easy on the newbie, shall we?