FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion US Platinum Status Going Away [Extended to 2/2015]
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:58 am
BeantownFlyer

Its not clear if our status will end on 3/22/14 or continue to 2/15. If US does the same thing CO/UA did for all elite members, with extension of the expiration of elite status for everyone until their systems get combined, it is possible everyone who was elite in 2013 (Centurion and other elite members) will have their status continue until 3/22/14 rather than 2/28. And if that happens, I think we are not elite after that point in 2014.

However if we renew as US Platinum as usual as of 3/1, I agree status continues until 2/15.

Meanwhile just had an awful call with AMEX. They could not list one benefit that is better that Platinum, had no explanation as to why Platinum got a $500 off versus Centurion $200 offer, and basically said they did not care if I remained as a Centurion and that the benefits were moving toward "lifestyle". Oh excuse me, they touted the bogus wine program as something that Centurion gets that Platinum does not get. I laughed.