FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walmart Preferred Moneycard (GreenDot) Shutdowns
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:26 pm
BenH

Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
The only person I spoke to was a supervisor at 866 946 2510, the number to activate the perm card.
In a very calm voice I asked if this was a scam to steal fees, that's how I got mine back.
I got a number for a resolutions line last week.
By the time I called yesterday, the $6 fee had been credited to my account already, but the card was still frozen (unload money only).

I was apparently talking with a supervisor in resolutions, but all he could tell me was that the account was shut down for "irregular load activity."

He asked me something about loading with MoneyPaks and if I had purchased the MPs that were used to load it.

I told him that I never attempted to load with MPs:

11/17 - Purchased card at WM register - loaded $94 with debit at POS.
11/17 - Activated card online with personal info
11/18 - Card frozen for "irregular load activity". At this point, I had not attempted to load anything other than the initial $94.
11/22 - Tried to load $500 from 2 different debit cards (including bank card), transactions wouldn't work.

So basically, they had shut my card down even prior to me doing anything at all except the initial load!

The guy wouldn't/couldn't provide any more information, just kept insisting that the card could be used to withdraw the money, but that I couldn't load anything else, or get another Green Dot card. Refused to provide any additional type of escalation, etc to allow me to get any more information.

My GB account is still active...loaded some money today on it...

What an effin joke of a company though.