FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:38 am
evergrn

Originally Posted by Vanessa Howell
Hey folks,

I've been following along with fascination learning about the various airline and hotel loyalty programs. Something I haven't heard mentioned much is airport parking.

I had been loyal to a particular parking chain in Seattle (MasterPark) for 13 years when I decided to try another that gave me points for parking that could be used towards free parking days (Wally Park). After two bad experiences with them (http://www.milesfromhere.com/2013/11...ppoints-again/) I'm back with MasterPark.

I was wondering though, does anyone have a recommended parking company (in Seattle) that offers a good loyalty program, good prices and gets you to the airport quickly?

MasterPark is great in all respects, but doesn't offer a loyalty program, and is a little more expensive than others.
I read your story about your Wally experiences on your link. Your first story... I don't know what to say other than that:
1).I can't remember NOT having been offered to have my suitcase carried up into the shuttle at Wally's Premier Garage (and I've probably parked there probably ~15x over the past couple years).
2).How can you expect the shuttle to drive off the minute you sit down? They leave every 5min or so, and you're not always going to be the last passenger to get on.
3).What felt like a roundout loop the shuttle took from the garage to the terminal is actually the shortest way according to SEA's setup. But you didn't mention that, on the way back (after pick up at the terminal), the shuttle ride from the terminal to Wally's Garage is like 1-2 minutes only. So the entire shuttle loop is probably the same as most other places.

Can't comment on your second story because I rarely park in Wally's open lot.

Just defending Wally's, because they've been good for the most part. Anyways, I too am always looking for other good options.