FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate8 Trifold Garment Bag VERSION 2.0: Detailed Review
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:56 pm
AlbaGuBrath

Programs: BA
I bought this bag last week - excellent 24 hour delivery from DPD (although I picked the 3-5 day option). Alastair answered my queries very quickly which was reassuring. I did a fair bit of research and I saw that gate8's social interaction was very advertising-focused, but I think they have vastly improved lately.

I managed to fit a full 5 days of clothing into the bag using wire hangers - admittedly though everything is quite creased - perhaps I need to review my packing method. This came to bang on 11kgs, so let's hope my bag is never weighed..

Without tightening any of the straps, this bag fitted into a LCC overhead very easily. I feel the attachment of the laptop bag can be quite difficult when the bag is filled. I'm being picky, but once the laptop bag is attached I wish there was somewhere for the shoulder strap to be tucked into.

An excellent bag, although as quite a tall person I feel the handle could be longer. The handle also feels a little bit unstable in my opinion, it has an awful lot of flex in all directions. A nice solid handle with minimum flex would be good.

Last edited by AlbaGuBrath; Nov 25, 2013 at 3:02 pm