FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:07 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by lovejapan
I am a HON Circle member and I fly between FRA and NRT at least once a month and I have always enjoyed the A380 attributes. I see that the A380 has now been replaced by a 747-400, meaning a 2-3-2 layout (vs the 2-2-2 layount on the A380).

Is that change temporary or long-term?

If it is long-term, I will need to change my plans. I have started flying the new JAL SkySuite and this is probably the most comfortable business class between Europe and Japan.

When will we see the new LH Business Class product to Japan?

Dear lovejapan,

we have received the following information regarding your enquiry: the summer flight schedule for 2014 between Frankfurt and Toyko is not yet finalised. As from summer 2014, we intend to fly to Tokyo’s second airport, Haneda, with our new “Queen of the Skies” Boeing 747-8, equipped with the latest products in all compartments. Due to the size of the aircraft, a formal approval by the Japanese authorities is required to utilise this routing to HND. The formal approval is still outstanding. A final decision regarding the flight schedule to Tokyo in summer 2014 is expected to take place towards the end of January 2014.
I hope this will convince you to continue flying with Lufthansa in the future.

Kind regards, Isabell