FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:48 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Just combing through the thread again, and got my question answered below. So I guess my excitement for the DSU did not check out, and the FAQ needs to be edited, as DSU cannot be applied to cash and points..

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Greetings FlyerTalkers,

We are looking forward for our members having different ways to redeem awards. Diamond suite upgrades will be available for the MyElite rate; however, it would not be available for the Points + Cash rate as it is considered an award stay. The MyElite rate & Points + Cash will be valid for stay/night credit at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts excluding all inclusive properties, Hyatt Residence Club, and Mlife properties. The MyElite rate and the Points + Cash option will count towards the Diamond trial offers. Cancellation policies will still apply, and as long as you cancel outside of the policy, all points will be returned. If you cancel inside the policy, the points will be returned but you would be charged per the cancellation policy of the hotel.

Sincerely,

Gold Passport Concierge Team
Originally Posted by FD1971
Lots of confusion regarding this fact at the moment.

I would not trust the information so far, but maybe Mr. Zidell could confirm this once more, just to be on the safe side.