FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:48 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
The only problem with that is you will have no Diamond benefits since the reservation will be under your wife's GP number not yours during the challenge.
Correct.. in a sense.

My wife received the benefits of Diamond status as my guest thus far in our Hyatt travels. So has my 8 and 3 year old. We travel as a party of 4.

My wife will be Diamond during her Diamond Challenge, so I'll be enjoying the benefits as her guest, as well as the kids as her guests.

Interesting to note prior to my Diamond Challenge, a Diamond member friend setup reservations for me and listed me as his guest. During my Challenge I checked in, I noticed a higher service level as the reservations manager knew that 2 Diamonds were listed under the reservation. I'm thinking that perhaps Ill make a note on the reservations when my wife is conducting her Diamond Challenge, that we are checking in as two Diamond Members. Perhaps the hotel does take higher note when two Diamonds are listed under the same reservation. With Fairmont we received top of the list priority treatment as two Faimont Platinum members, above other elite members.