FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:34 am
lhs323

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Just called Chase to try to get more points, as I signed up for the standard 40,000 points after $3000 spend within the last 60 days.

The representative refused to add an extra 10,000 points to my account opening spending offer because she said this new offer had a $125 annual fee and was therefore considered a new product, and therefore the extra 10,000 points could not be applied to my $95 annual fee existing CSP.

I then asked her if that meant that this was a new product for which I could apply for and get the signup bonus again. She said that was correct (!!!!!) but that I could only have one CSP at a time, so I would need to cancel my current CSP before applying for this one.

She also agreed to add 5,000 points into my account for the adding an authorized user part of the new offer.

Very interesting call, to say the least...