FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:59 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Don't apply if you already have one. Just don't. I applied for the biz MC version. Called few times and they said no way no chance. I have the visa version for 18 months. They sounded angry once they found my App, said you already have citi aa cards and you can't get again. offering to close an existing or moving credit line didn't matter. Called few times again and at times the same agent would pick up and scolded me. They have changed the rules folks.
I guess I need to post this again: Citi CSRs are clueless. If your app is denied, they usually don't know why, so they speculate about why that might be, then present their speculation as absolute. Much if not most of the time the reason they give you for the denial is wrong. Their favorite explanation is that "you already have/had one". When the real reason is too many Citi apps in too short a time, or too many inquiries, or some issue with your credit rating.

We will know the rules have changed when everyone who has had the card is denied for a new one. That has yet to happen.