FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:04 am
VeniceDre

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, IC AMB, SPG GOLD, HHONORS GLD, National Executive, Hertz Gold, AVIS Preferred
Emergency landing compensation?

Flight 254 (OGG to LAX) on 11/12

Sitting up in first with my girlfriend, flight was delayed about 45 minutes to begin with. About 45 minutes after takeoff pilot announces on PA "flight attendants please prepare for landing" without any warning. This of course freaks people out and the FAs run through cabin quickly to make sure everyone is buckled then buckle themselves in.

Takes about another five to ten minutes before the Pilot explains the situation over the PA. Apparently we have some busted AC unit and he thinks it best we head to Honolulu (HNL) since we are flying over open water for a great distance. We're on the ground about twenty minutes later and the fire trucks meet us at the end of the runway and inspect the plane before heading to gate. We are each given $12 vouchers for food and have to wait four hours for the plane to be prepared.

Later we find out from another passenger who was sitting at wing window seat that she heard a pop and there was some fluid that streaked across wing. She took a picture which I have as well.

When we were finally repaired and took off the pilot described the problem as a "pressurization issue".

I was going to call but I noticed a 20,000 "customer service bonus" in both our AA accounts this morning. Is this standard and should I even bother calling? Flight was booked coach back in June and I used SWUs for us.