FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart Update Effective January 7, 2014
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:11 pm
J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Company Representative - Gold Passport by Hyatt

Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart Update Effective January 7, 2014

Dear FlyerTalkers,

As you know, Hyatt and the Hyatt Gold Passport program continue to grow and evolve, and from time to time we need to make programmatic changes. We don’t take these decisions lightly, and we do our very best to make sure that we communicate changes as quickly as possible to minimize the impact on your future travel plans. Today, I wanted to let you know about a set of Award Chart changes that will take place on January 7, 2014.

We are introducing a new Category 7, which includes six Park Hyatt hotels in Beaver Creek, Milan, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo and Zurich, and requires 30,000 points. We are also changing the number of points required to redeem a Free Night Award for standard rooms and upgraded rooms in select categories.

In addition, 38 hotels are shifting between categories. This includes 21 hotels moving to a higher category and 17 hotels moving to a lower category. Existing reservations for stays starting January 7, 2014, will receive a refund for the point difference if the hotel moved to a lower category.
Lastly, the points required to upgrade your paid stay to a Regency®/Grand Club® room or suite will now be on a per-night basis.

As always, we will continue to make redemption as easy as possible with no blackout dates. And if we have a standard room available at any location, on any day of the year, you’re more than welcome to reserve it with your Hyatt Gold Passport points.

Please navigate to this url for more information...

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...t-changes.html

I wish you safe travels.

With my warmest personal regards,

Jeff Zidell
Senior Vice President, Hyatt Gold Passport