FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:57 am
chrisksc

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
IC Hong Kong (November 2013)

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Definitely Not! Rather disappointed.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked using Reward Nights was "upgraded" to City View Superior room WITHOUT RA benefits.

How are the rooms?
Horribly small and aged. Toilet bowl is old, need to flash twice.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not get access. Was offered an upgrade with top-up of HKD1,500 before 30% "discount" to get lounge access. This is madness!

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, a bottle of Chile's Vina Maipo Cabernet Sauvignon 2012.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, some fruit in bowl, welcome Premium Chinese Bird's Tongue Jasmine tea in teapot, 2 large bottles of Evian water.

How was the minibar?
Great selections of spirits, red & white wine, foreign beer and non-alcoholic beverages. Too bad no RA benefits! Tea/coffee are complimentary but will need to pay to replenish.

What were the bathroom amenities?
By Salvatore Ferragamo (Italy). All in 40ml containers. However, during turn-down service, they replenished with amenities by AGRARIA (San Francisco) instead. Also all in 40ml containers.

What was good and what was bad?
-Good
Nothing at all.

-Bad
Arrogant service at the Lobby Lounge. I was given 2 complimentary drink coupons and I ordered two English Breakfast tea. There were 3 of us and they came with 2 teapots and two teacups. I asked for another cup but was told "NO" as the coupons are only for 2. What NONSENS is this?

Terrible service at Concierge. I asked for a masking tape, but they did not have any. So they called Business Center which they do but was told I need to pay for it. I don't need a whole roll as I just wanted to seal a box!

Requested International NY Times during Check-In but nothing was delivered.

Handed in the Feedback form during check-out indicating not happy with the stay/service and it has been 1 week since and still no follow-up.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
No.

Would you return?
As an RA, IC would be my first choice to clock in my stays but it all depends on the rate, prior experiences, promotions, situation, etc.

Comments
It seems to me that if you pay nothing (as in Reward Nights), you get nothing (even for RA!). What an arrogant service attitude!