FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA offers UA Elites a status match "challenge"
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:29 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Last year during the BIG AA status match with UA, I was given ExPlt for my 1K (missed the upgrades) I never ended up changing to AA and the only miles I earned with AA that whole year were for a R/T DXB-LHR-EWR on BA in First and a R/T CX DXB-HKG one way in Biz and other in F. NO AA FLIGHTS

I did get the soft landing to AA Plat this year but flew ZERO miles with it.

I has decided not to switch from UA in 2012, 2013 so there was no point. However, as of Jan 1, I will be switching to AA know matter what Ive had it with UA. Since I just got a AA status match last year, is there ANY way AA would give me one again. I m almost sure UA would never do such a thing

If AA refuses to give me a new status match, does any one know if AA offers anything like United Pass Plus where I can PRE PAY for ir travel with American and BA, if its like UA's I would get EPlat with this and a pretty heavy discount on full First and business fares........prefer not to do this ut it is an option.

My real question is does anyone know if AA will give me a new status match, even though I never used mine least year????

While AA probably got a lot of new customers last year with this match thy did, there was rally no reason not to take advantage (no pun intended) of this, even if like me you had no intention of flying AA. Now that I am ready to start lying AA,I have no status (except a few months left of my soft landing to Plat

any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated