FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Offer: 50,000 pts (20K approval, 30K for 1k spend) for MBNA BW Mastercard
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:21 pm
1Newflyer

Originally Posted by reggie108
anyone have any advice of this?

I applied for the card with a 60k, 20k points for initial spend, with the spending deadlines of spend $1k before July 31 2013 for a bonus of 30k, and spend additional $1k before Aug 31 2013, for a bonus of 10k points.

I applied Aug 21 2013, received the card a couple weeks later, then put charges through in October of over $4k

I called MBNA customer service about the bonus, and they said tough on the bonus points as you did not make the deadlines for the bonus points.

my point being that if they approved my card, they should give me some time to start to make the deadlines for the bonus points.

I was awarded the initial 20k bonus points, on my Oct statement, guess I should not hold my breath for the other 40k in bonus points.
You better off applying for the next promotion right away as it appears. Move on from your last encounter.

I applied way in June, got my card in late .... late July but manage to beat the deadline and met all the requirements and still waiting for my 30000 points. They are very slow in getting the 'final approval", slow in getting the card to you and slow in awarding points. The worst card division of TD bank I just can't stand the routine of "thank you for your patience". I actually move the receiver from my ear when I start hearing that so that I don't blow my stack. I don't know how good the Best Western hotels are, stay once which was OK.