FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Offer: 50,000 pts (20K approval, 30K for 1k spend) for MBNA BW Mastercard
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:51 pm
jerry305

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by reggie108
anyone have any advice of this?

I applied for the card with a 60k, 20k points for initial spend, with the spending deadlines of spend $1k before July 31 2013 for a bonus of 30k, and spend additional $1k before Aug 31 2013, for a bonus of 10k points.

I applied Aug 21 2013, received the card a couple weeks later, then put charges through in October of over $4k

I called MBNA customer service about the bonus, and they said tough on the bonus points as you did not make the deadlines for the bonus points.

my point being that if they approved my card, they should give me some time to start to make the deadlines for the bonus points.

I was awarded the initial 20k bonus points, on my Oct statement, guess I should not hold my breath for the other 40k in bonus points.
You've been a loyal mbna customer, but that's about all you'll get credit for here. You got the 20,000 points, which was the deal.

MBNA has deals with their partners, such as BW, that they have to answer to, to reconcile fees for the service provided, in this case, delivering a bunch of potential BW customers before the August 31 deadline.

You might be able to get some courtesy points if you ask really nicely? Good luck.

Oh, and remember, don't cancel the card soon, even if that would feel good.