FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T Mobile Global data coverage
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:57 pm
superking

I just added an Simple Choice Mobile Broadband line, it cost me $20($10 credit if you have voice) per month for 500MB plan(unlimited but throttles)
I just pop the sim card on iPhone and it works great. I confirmed with T-mobile rep you can roam for free internationally, it's great for those who are on grandfather plans that have not made the switch.

You can not make calls but you can receive/send messages unlimited.

T-mobile Store employees said they were told it wouldn't work, Sales, Activation, and Customer Retention all have told me it won't work. I guess no one educated them on this.

Free roaming next week

Originally Posted by superking
I'm on the T-mobile grandfather plan(not eligible for international roaming), and will be travelling abroad from Nov 8th to December 3rd to Cambodia, Thailand, Macao, Hong Kong, and China.

I would like international roaming whether its 2G or 3G.

Option 1. Buy $25 300MB/weekly pass(1-3 times), it would be 3G data
Use Family Allowance to set my text/minute limit to 0 to ensure I'm not getting any texts or calls, but while I'm roaming.. I don't know if that will work.

Option 2. Open a simple choice single line plan $50 plus taxes/fees and close at the end of the month

Option 3. Open a mobile data plan(for tablet only?) for $20 a month for 500mb, which allows unlimited international roaming.
Pop the sim card in my iPhone and use it abroad?

The 3rd option seems like the cheapest and least hassle way to get on internet abroad...

I'd appreciate any feedback especially using a tablet data plan on an iphone...