FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:42 am
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
IC Singapore

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes,

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior room.
Arranged to get upgrade to Club access rather than an upgraded room. For me this was a good arrangement. Not sure if it was an accommodation as a 30+ times stayer there or if it's standard practice.

How are the rooms?
I like the rooms; comfortable, clean, efficient, tasteful.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very nice. Extensive breakfast and evening snacks (can be a dinner if you're cheap but don't do that -- Singapore is great for food!).

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, a scroll. They seem to keep track of the gifts you've received and every time there is a different one. Wish more hotels were this efficient.
Also a free drink coupon at their Victoria Bar (I think a P.C. benefit)

How was the minibar?
Standard. 6 liquors, 3 pairs of beer, soft drinks, wine. Nothing special.

What was good and what was bad?
-Good
Good training. I arrived very late (1 am) and everyone there knew my name (of course they are trained to do that!).
Good location; you can walk around to much of town (if it's not too hot) or use the convenient MRT. There is another MRT line being built in the area so it will become even more convenient.

-Bad
Not their fault but wish the MRT ran straight from Changi Airport instead of going a few stops and then having to change lines. You'd think the Singaporeans are so efficient at everything, the rail link would be the same. On the other hand, the taxi is only $12 to $25 (depending on time of day) and more convenient if you have any luggage.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Price has been inching up, and with the strong Sing $, it's no longer quite the bargain it usually is. Rates over a 5-day stay varied by Sin$120 (US$100), so they are definitely using "yield management."

Would you return?
It is my home in Singapore.