FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My honeymoon trip report (1st TR!): LAX>NRT>ICN>NRT>HNL>OGG>HNL>LAX
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:42 am
lagunas2k

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Part 2. JL LAX>NRT Flight Review (J)

We started the journey at LAX TBIT. The One World lounge was actually quite decent. It was much better than I was expecting. A decent variety of food and beverage options, decent décor, and wasn’t over crowded.

We boarded the flight and got settled into our bulkhead J seats. I debated with myself quite a bit on which seats I wanted. The bulkhead seats weren’t as nice to “look at” as they didn’t have the same built in’s as the seat backs in J have, but the extra leg room was very nice and made it much more comfortable to get in and out of the seat. I did not regret this seating choice.

After we took off we got to chatting with the head purser and in conversation stated that we were on our honeymoon. To this day, I have not received better service in a J class cabin than that flight on JAL to NRT. I flew SQ J last year on the A380 to NRT and it was fantastic but still did not trump the truly “personal” level of attentiveness we received that flight (SQ was a bit robotic as some on here have also noted). About 15 minutes after our conversation with the purser our cabin attendant comes out with a “gift” from the crew. Two glasses of champagne, strawberries, and a box of truffles from the F cabin. Could it be? One taste and I knew: It was Dom 2002. Sadly we didn’t get refills, but what a way to kick off our honeymoon. This was my wife’s first time in Int’l J, so she was truly soaking it all in.

In about 10 minute intervals after that we had 4 different pairs of FA’s come by and warmly congratulate us on our marriage. It was quite interesting, as after about the 2nd pair, we were starting to get random stares from the rest of the J passengers. Were we K-pop stars? Some random Asian celebrities they had no idea existed? No idea what they thought, but that’s what their looks stated as they glared. It was pretty amusing.

Last edited by lagunas2k; Oct 17, 2013 at 1:21 am