FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:24 pm
bartmas777

Programs: DL-PM/SC; UA-1K; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Csfing1
Since many have checked this thread, am interested in how many have made the run or already have a reservation and are planning to make one before the end of this year? It is long but at the correct price in cpm it may help you achieve the level you want before next year when you have to think about MQD or the way I prefer, a spend on AMX card is far easier as long as you always pay your bill each month, don't ever carry a balance, and you can earn an additional 10,000 to 60,000 MQM depending on your card and spend on the card.

Enjoy the week and congrats to one of the readers who should be finishing up today with more than 30,000 MQM.

Happy travels to all and Cheers!
It is a hard trip to make. My lower back hurt by the time I got to NRT the first time. Checking back in at the transfer desk in SIN, the agent asked why I was leaving after only being in SIN for 3-4 hours. After I explained the low fare and high miles, she pointed to two guys and asked if I knew the other 2 travelers making the same turn. It was nice to finally meet someone as crazy as me. One of them was the infamous MBWMBW. Heck of a nice guy really. We rode together from SIN-NRT-JFK-LAX. In fact, he and I were the only two to get the UG on JFK-LAX.

The whole trip went FUBAR when, in my FINAL leg mind you (ATL-DFW), the light above the emergeny exit literally caught fire while we were boarding. They evacuated the plane back into the terminal and some 5-6 hours later I was finally home. I was wiped. I slept for 13 hours last night. Only sleeping 3-4 hours at a time, for 4 days straight, really got to me (even got the UG to a flatbed on my last LAX-ATL leg).

Final routing was DFW-ATL-LAX-ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK-LAX-ATL-DFW (had to change positioning flight due to work schedule; which they were nice enough to cover the difference in fare); 30,0018 miles for roughly $1050, or about 3.5 CPM. Not sure I could make this trip multiple times, but at least I can say I have done it. Good luck to those doing it!

bartmas