FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:43 pm
pyxis

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
InterContinental Dubai Festival City

InterContinental Dubai Festival City

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
YES! A great hotel, wonderful service. Only downside is the location. Whilst the hotel offers direct access to the Festival City shopping mall, and close to a Marina with many restaurants (however the area is mostly deserted), you cannot get anywhere without jumping in a taxi. There is no close-by metro station. If the hotel was closer to the city centre, it would be perfect. Whilst taxis are reasonable, once you come and go a few times a day, you realise you realise how much you are spending on transport!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest with breakfast daily, received a Club Room with Club Access. Staff advised they offer the choice between no upgrade and Club Access, or a suite upgrade and no Club Access. I guess I got lucky, as they upgraded me to a Club Room which apparently is larger and slightly differently appointed.

How are the rooms?
IMO, Club Room was pretty much a Junior Suite - with an entry, luggage storage area, large main area with couch, coffee table, large desk area. Separate large marble bathroom, large toilet area.

How is the exec. lounge?
Lounge is one of the best I have experienced, with the most generous selection. Breakfast - extensive buffet selection with a breakfast menu to order from. Afternoon tea presented in a 'high tea' fashion. Evening drinks are accompanied by the chef's 'dish of the day' (hot) on request, as well as an impressive buffet style selection. Amazing, with brilliant views of the Dubai skyline. Lounge is large, with plenty of seating areas. Staff are wonderful, very friendly and very attentive.

What was your welcome gift?
At check-in, a card is presented with several options (snack, laundry discount, traditional gift, business gift, etc.), I opted for the traditional gift as I like souvenirs of the hotel - beautiful boxed Prayer Beads. A really nice gift! Also received a box of macaroons in the room on the second night which was a lovely surprise.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
I actually can't remember! I'm sure I did....

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Happy with the upgrade
- Amazing Club Lounge
- Service was exceptional throughout the stay

Bad:
- The only bad thing - the location

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
GREAT value for RAs. Due to the service, Club Lounge and RA treatment, I would find it hard to look past this property when returning to Dubai, however, the location is inconvenient for me....

Would you return?
Yes, but as above, I would have a look at options in the city centre to compare....