FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:12 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by vagrants
Partial analysis. Please include FREE Balance Rewards points.

If you want use it like BB or MVD or AN or any other pseudo-debits, then fine. But, I won't play that way. What's the point playing that way?
I thought this was all about a new way to to unload GCs or VRs. As of yet we have no idea if WG will allow those to be used to load their card. Some Wally workers do a war dance when they see a GC, most dont care or look. Ive had my share of those with hawk eyes and demanding that I give them my DC (GC) for a look over.

In the end all that matters is whats the final total cost to go from sq 1 to a free tkt. So it still may workout even with the extra fees that will have to be paid to WG. But unless I planned to use those miles in the near future, I wouldnt want to simply bank them with the way the programs keep upping the amount of miles needed for a tkt.

Then again Im in the process of booking a Jan Asia trip 21k for just under $1k. Yea its in Y but the planes are usually empty so anywhere from 1 empty next to me to having a whole row. Works for me over MSing for a Biz tkt and I overnight on the way there in LAX or SFO so its not that bad.

then with the likes of a Flex or Arrival CC every extra fee makes the yield that much less that it no longer is worth the time and effort at least to me