FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter in Taiwan! CX F/J, JL Y, AA J/dom. F + Taipei and Kenting
Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:37 pm
incognitoMD

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Transit in NRT, Sakura First Lounge and CX/AA/QF Clubs

After deplaning, I headed through transit security, and was airside in less than 15 minutes from exiting the aircraft.

First stop is the Qantas club. This is located on the level 2 of the satellite side, right after transit security and before you head up the escalators to the duty free shops. Easily one of my favorite lounges at NRT, as its relatively quiet during early afternoon.

Some food/snacks.

Selection of alcohol.

AA170 heading to LAX.

I then took the mini-train over to the main terminal. AA 154 usually departs from the main terminal. I took a quick look at the AAdmirals Club. It really does seem that appearance wise, the Admirals club has a more Japanese feel to it. I like the wooden tone and panels throughout the lounge.

Then, I stopped by the CX lounge. Coolest part was taking the glass elevators up to level 4, and there is literally nothing there except the sleek entry to the Cathay Lounge!

Love the Macs provided, and the ice cream wasn't something you find in every lounge!

I spent most of my ~4h layover in Sakura First lounge. As this airport was JAL's home turf, I expected to find better amenities than all other lounges. I was not disappointed in the least bit. Decent sized shower rooms, food and drinks, massage chair, and plenty of space with good views.

And before I knew it, 4 hours passed, and it was time to board my flight to Chicago. NRT's JL lounge is definitely a place that I can comfortably spend hours at.

Last edited by incognitoMD; Oct 9, 2013 at 4:28 pm