FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:24 pm
travelisfree

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
InterContinental Athens

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
No.
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
PointBreaks award night - Got Jr. Suite. No access to lounge at first, but I asked and guest relations came over. It was an awkward small conversation.

She started telling me this big story about how IHG is calling all the hotels and changing their policy so that no Royal Ambassadors will get lounge access at all. It will be standard to upsell it! They just would but they can't as IHG's new policy.

I was like "I read the new terms and conditions, they are no different. Are you sure? It looks to me that they say that it's up to the hotel."

"No sir, this is very new. No hotel is allowed."

So I emailed IHG asking about this new policy, and she called the next day to offer me access. I took because I like, but I don't like to twist arms to get benefits, and I also don't like being lied to. The odd thing is that she was still insisting it's an exception. Although certainly, it's not a benefit on award nights, nor do they have to give it.
- How are the rooms?
It was very normal. That's the best way I can describe the hotel. Normal.

- How is the exec. lounge?
Normal. Very little food, decent drinks. But it had a view.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
?
Bad:
Location is not ideal for tourist. Not near anything but a road.
Hotel is dull yet they had a renovation 10 years ago?
RA benefits are not great, but I can't complain really.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It's very cheap... Value? I'm told the Radisson Blu is a bit of a dumb. I'd look around first unless it's PB.