FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter in Taiwan! CX F/J, JL Y, AA J/dom. F + Taipei and Kenting
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:17 am
incognitoMD

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Pre-Departure at TPE, Sakura Lounge

Time to head back!

On the way to the airport. This is the Grand Hotel. A rather historic hotel, but a bit far from city center.

Check in lines- no queue for business check in. As usual.

There is a second level oasis with restaurants/shopping for people without lounge access. This is before security.

TPE basically offers precheck for everyone. No need to take off shoes/laptops, small bottles of water allowed, and only WTMDs are in use. There are no priority lines for J/F passengers, but the process takes very, very little time, even with long lines.

A quick run through security, and I was off to the JL Sakura lounge.

Entrance

Layout.

Seating areas. Some of these separate rooms can be closed with a door for maximum privacy for families/groups.

Offerings: Dim Sum, onigiri, alcohol, udon noodles, miso soup.

Offerings: chilled drinks

Offerings: coffee/tea, chips, snacks

I headed to boarding area after a while.

Boarding gate.

CI A333 headed somewhere.

Our plane for the ~3h flight. Permanent downgrade to a 737- was a 767 for this route during the summer.

Boarding was called 35 minutes prior. Passengers needing extra time, with kids, the elderly were invited to board first. Then, priority boarding was called, including all oneworld E/S/R status holders, and J class pax in one sweep.

Jetbridge- JL changed their flight attendant uniforms within the year I believe.