FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Australia & Fiji *PHOTOS* 29k Miles / 5 Carriers - WN Y, VA J, QF Y & J, FJ J, & KE J
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:56 pm
FindAWay

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge in Yulara (Accor - Ibis Styles)

Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge in Yulara (Accor - Ibis Styles)

HOTEL: Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge in Yulara
NIGHTS/DATES: 1 Night - Tuesday, September 3, 2013 to Wednesday, September 4, 2013
LOYALTY PROGRAM STATUS: Accor Platinum; but, N/A as booked through third party website
ROOM: 318
ROOM TYPE: Standard Room
COMPLIMENTARY ROOM UPGRADE FROM RESERVED TYPE?: Yes

All of the different hotels in Yulara have the same owner and are Accor properties. And, they’re all relatively expensive for a single night stay (they actually didn’t seem too bad for 3 nights or more). Since the room would be used only for a short period (just sleeping for a night), I went for the least expensive room possible with a private bathroom -- a “Budget Room with Bathroom” (1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed) using my Hotels.com Welcome Rewards credit (earned from 10 prior reservations). I noted in the reservation my Accor number and status; but, I have no idea if anyone at the hotel even looked at it.

Photo Below: Entrance to “Yulara” - the Ayers Rock Resort Compound of Hotels

Photo Below: Entrance to the Outback Pioneer within the Ayers Rock Resort Compound of Hotels

Photo Below: Lobby Building at the Outback Pioneer within the Ayers Rock Resort Compound of Hotels

After landing, we went straight to Kata Tjuta without checking-in to the hotel (since check-in time hadn’t yet arrived). We didn’t arrive at the hotel to check-in until about 8:00pm after having watched the sunset at Uluru. We received some good news at check-in: we had been upgraded from a “Budget” room to a “Standard” room! Other than the change from a double bed to a queen bed, I’m not sure we really cared since the biggest differences seem to be the addition of a television (which we never turned on) and carpet instead of tile flooring. But, I’m not one to turn down an upgrade; so, we were happy and made our way to our room. Overall, with so little time (with arriving after sunset and leaving before sunrise) spent in this room, I don’t have much to say other than that it was adequate.

Photo Below: Standard Room at the Outback Pioneer within the Ayers Rock Resort Compound of Hotels

Photo Below: Standard Room at the Outback Pioneer within the Ayers Rock Resort Compound of Hotels

Photo Below: Bathroom in Standard Room at the Outback Pioneer within the Ayers Rock Resort Compound of Hotels

Photo Below: Refrigerator and Closet in Standard Room at the Outback Pioneer within the Ayers Rock Resort Compound of Hotels

Photo Below: Outside Our Room at the Outback Pioneer within the Ayers Rock Resort Compound of Hotels