FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promotion discussion thread 2013
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:17 pm
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Define "working".

IHG has many promo codes which:

(a) work for one person but not another (due to restrictions based on region, status, or other factors "this promo is not avialable for this member" or somethig to that effect does not tell you whether the promo would or wouldn't work for someone else, it just tells you it won't work for you)

(b) "work" in the sense of letting you register but don't "work" in the sense of ever giving you the bonus

(c) don't come with adequate documention to iknow what's required to get them to work (espeically if you don't know where that promo code originated from)

(d) signing up for one promo code locks you out from certain others (this is common when they have "stay X earn N" promos with various X and N variations for a given quarter, the first one you sign up for locks out all the others in that group)
Okay well, I'm sure anyone who read the bit about multithreading and the codes that were supposed to be in order could figure out, but working on a new account with an address in the United States (yes, address matters a lot), and not counting (d), which was a mistake I made with the last batch, as I only posted the first code in the series... and I think most people following what I said will know why.