FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The First Class Experience with Garuda Indonesia
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:48 pm
UMD

Ga 885 nrt - cgk

Date: 8 September 2013

GA 885 NRT – CGK

Dep. 12:00 Act.: 11:50
Arr. 17:35 Act: 17:25

Reg. PK-GIA

The Pre-Flight:

Today was the day that IOC would announce the 2020 Summer Olymipic Games host city. News on the street placed Tokyo, Mardrid, and Istanbul as favourite host cities for the 2020 Games. I happened to stay at Keoi Plaza hotel in Shinjuku which is right across Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. One could clearly saw and felt the enthusiasm of Tokyo 2020. I personally wanted Tokyo to win the bid. Later that evening, Tokyo was indeed selected to be the host of the 2020 games. This will be the 2nd time for Tokyo to host the summer games. Congratulations, Tokyo!

I took a Narita Limousine Bus service to Narita that departed the hotel at 0750. As the travel time to the airport was around 2 hours, it was recommended we left for the airport 4 hours before. The bus ride was uneventful.

It was around 09:45 when the bus I was on arrived at the airport. Check-in was a breeze for First Class passengers. It so happened that Hasumi-san was again my First Class assistant for my departing flight. She was very happy to see me again. She took me through the security check point. Garuda Indonesia also uses SkyPriority security check-point at NRT for its First and Business class passengers.

After I cleared immigration, she then took me to the shop as I needed to buy a little last minute souvenir back home. I said good-bye to Hasumi-san and thanked her again for her courteous service in the front of Delta Sky Club lounge.

In the lounge, I was shown to a specially reserved area for Garuda’s First Class passengers. There were 6 First Class passengers today – 2 for the DPS flight and 4 (including me) for the CGK flight.

I am very familiar with this lounge as I use it often on my way to the US. It is quite a functional lounge with enough numbers of computer terminal and sitting area. As long as you don’t expect too much from it, you will be fine. The only thing I really like about this lounge is the tarmac and the runway view.

Fast forward, boarding for the CGK flight was called. On my way to the gate, I dropped my Canon S-95 on the floor and broke it. From here on, all pictures were taken by my Samsung Note II’s camera.