FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic Emirates Customer Service
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:13 pm
cowboyguy

Pathetic Emirates Customer Service

Taking advantage of a sale, I booked my tickets from United States to Pakistan in March this year at a price of $1,325. Due to the death of a close relative, I had to move my tickets to August. The ticket price at that time for flying in August was $1,750. I called the customer service and asked them to change my travel dates to August. They said that there will be a change fee of $400 per ticket but if I provide supporting documents of the death of that relative, this $400 will be waived. I would only need to pay the fare difference of 1750-1325=$425 per ticket. I also asked them if my fare price is locked and if they can make sure it will not be changed till I provide the documents, the customer service representative said yes, we assure you it won’t be changed.

Subsequently I provided the documents after a couple of weeks and then when I asked them to send my tickets, they said you need to pay the current price of $2,35 per ticket. I was literally shocked to hear this. I even asked them to refer to the call that I had with the CSR but they said sorry we can’t do anything. I even talked to their supervisor but he said the same thing. After many unsuccessful attempts of calling and writing them, I gave up at last and paid the full amount. I will never ever travel Emirates in the future and will suggest all my family and friends not to use them for any of their travel needs.