FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA error led to cancelled reservation, said they'd do nothing [$600 vouchers finally]
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:09 am
caviargal1956

Programs: DL, AA, US, AF
The reason I did not respond immediately to the inquiry about out of pocket expense - in addition to the fact that my work in demanding and I can only spend so much time on this - is that I was waiting to determine exactly what the impact was. We are repeat guests of the resort and they have a customer service team that is client friendly and have allowed us the opportunity to use the nights at a later date.

We do have an annual business traveler insurance policy. Whether or not they would cover such a claim is something I do not know as I did not take that step yet.

We are now OOP for $120 Club MoBay passes, $180 private transfer paid in advance via Paypal. The rest is time and aggravation and there was plenty of both.

"she requested the actual tickets with apparently open ended cost, fare class, and dates of travel, etc. " I would expect to have flexible travel dates and I would expect the tickets to be in the same class of service I booked and paid for. If I am contacted by AA and they make an offer of miles, that would be acceptable as long as it was enough to actually take that same trip - and not on their Economy Saver mile scale which is pretty much never available on holidays and when we are able to travel.

I brought up IDB at the suggestion of someone on another forum.

We do not have the option to take this trip this year (apparently some on this forum have unlimited vacation time but we budget ours to the day and use it all) and we do not go to the Caribbean in the winter as it is too cold. It would be May before we would/could go back.

This experience makes me appreciate our airline of choice for this route, JetBlue, even more than I did before this happened.

To those of you who think AA owes me nothing, my only comment is that I expect you would feel differently if this happened to you or someone you cared about. To those that have offered helpful suggestions, thank you for taking the time to do so.

Last edited by caviargal1956; Sep 7, 2013 at 9:19 am