FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YVR-LIM in NOV - mile accrual tips?
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:07 pm
aerojot

Programs: AC E, SPG G
YVR-LIM in NOV - mile accrual tips?

I'm trying to get to LIM to do accrue some miles and throw in an Inca trail while I'm at it. There might be a LIM-CUZ rtn trip in there too FWIW.

By year end I will have 88,798 miles. I know SE is quite devalued but I think I might as well push for it this year, and then never again. So, I need 11202+ more!

With the change of basic international fares to Tango instead of Flex, it's super tricky to do this at a not-nasty cost and still accrue miles. Aiming for Nov 4-14, but some flex could be Nov 2-7 and Nov 13-15 back.

I found UA YVR-IAH-LIM-IAN-YVR (10208) $1143 + if i can get LIM-CUZ-LIM on TACA I get +1000 = 11208. Not a lot of buffer for later in the year if some other routing gets changed slightly.

I found AC in flex YVR-YYZ-LIM-YYZ-YVR for $1344 with their AmazingRace 15% promo. 11858 miles which is a decent buffer. This seems pricey but right now it seems the best option.

I found some trips on TACA but they have nasty layovers in San Salvador.. plus I'm not completely sure if TACA (part of AVianca) will get me my miles; the Aeroplan fine print is hard to decipher.

The best option looks like the AC one but because I've never tried a mile-run before (and I know this doesn't qualify given that the cost is by no means a deal) - I thought I'd ask for help. Any suggestions? Any secret routings to LIM I should look into?

(Currently E75K if it matters)