FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant: To Mr. L - Seated in First Class
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:55 am
WBrinegar

Programs: UA 1K, MM, AMEX Plat, Hertz 1, SPG Plat
Angry Rant: To Mr. L - Seated in First Class

Dear Mr. L -

Congratulations on securing your upgrade from IAD - IAH yesterday on UA 1149 from economy to seat 1K! I'm sure that it expected to be a pleasurable experience for you.

You arrived on the plane late, and obviously very rushed. I can only imagine your SHOCK and utter dismay when you arrived at your seat and discovered my lovely wife seated in 1L with my 22 month old child.

While you were on the ground and at the gate, I can tell you my wife very much appreciated your audible complaints to the entire first class cabin about wanting a discount because you were forced to have to sit next to a child in first class. I can also tell you that your audible sighs and grumbles every time my little angel talked to my wife in her excitement about her trip were noted and only made my wife more uncomfortable.

I can also tell you that my wife very much appreciated you demanding to the flight attendants in front of her that she be moved, considering that she had arrived early and unpacked all of her travel items to keep the child busy and entertained in her seat. My wife and child are travel pros, and we have never had an incident onboard a plane with any screaming and yelling in over 40 flights, but you wouldn't know that unless you asked. So, of course, my wife had to gather up her stuff, her child, her two bags and move to another seat, just so you could be seated next to another business traveller. The message was very transparent - you don't like kids.

I can also tell you that the only noise that my child made the entire flight was when the plane bumped down at landing, she shouted "Daddy!" in her excited voice, because she knew she was home. It seems that the other travelers who were seated in the area of my wife's newly assigned non-window seat complimented her on my child's behavior and said how wonderfully behaved she was the entire flight, and she didn't even know she was there.

So - just in case you read this - maybe you will ease up a bit on people. Be a bit more tolerant and patient and you could be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck in your future travels - and if no-children is what you want on your upgraded first class flights - then go fly elsewhere. My child and wife deserve every upgrade they get for the travels they do, just as you do.

Kind regards.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 4, 2013 at 12:05 pm Reason: name