FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanoi (Vietnam)
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:50 pm
5khours

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Service

I'll try to be brief here. A lot of the staff are brand new to the hospitality business. A lot of them have never spoken English before. I'm pretty sure, for many of them I was the first real customer on whom they waited or actually tried out their English. I could feel just a slight hesitancy and anticipation as they were anxious to see if what they had learned would actually work. All I can say is that it's obvious the staff have put a huge amount of time into training and learning English. I was amazed by the quality of service and professionalism. Already much better than most 5 star hotels, and by the third or fourth day here, I could sense the increased confidence.

Management is fantastic. They've done an incredible job here, and they're the nicest group of people imaginable. Having a chance to spend time with them was one of the best things about the whole trip.

The Aman spirit is alive and well here. I was swimming at the Cliff Pool early one morning so I thought maybe I would have breakfast at the pool rather than going to the restaurant so I asked one of the staff working at the pool if it was possible. It was pretty obvious from the expression on his face that this was not something anyone had anticipated, but he said "Let me check" and ran off. A few minutes later, I got the answer... "Of course you can have breakfast here. It's your home so you can have breakfast anywhere you like."

Finally and most importantly, the service here is the friendliest by far of any Aman I've been to (and that's saying a lot). I'm sure they're all on their best behavior for the opening, but everyone from the gardeners to security to the wait staff to the entire management team always has a smile and a warm greeting.

Last edited by 5khours; Sep 8, 2013 at 6:08 pm