FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of IHG Rate Codes
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:55 am
friedablass

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Corporate rates, however, are not rate codes but negotiated rates that must only be used by certain guests. Promoting or even advocating their illegal use was - at least for me - never the original spirit and purpose of this thread. Making otherwise hidden, but publicly available rates transparent was.

Unfortunately, over the last years, the thread has moved mostly to publishing corporate codes and discussing their illegal use.
You are 100% correct - yes, to begin with this thread was about publicly available codes, but it has "deteriorated" into a thread for corporate codes, as you have noted as well. Correction taken - this thread was not originally about corporate codes, but those following it as of recent years will basically only recall seeing discussions on corporate codes.

When I said to read through the thread, I didn't mean from page 1, I meant the chunk of the thread that discusses the use of corporate codes. And as I've written in my previous post, I did not book any hotel room using any corporate code, so 'jumping down my throat' for merely checking what type of discounts one can get by booking with these codes and seeing how far out they can be used was uncalled for. I did not see this person condemning anybody else who actually booked rooms using such codes. I am not condoning the actions of those booking using corporate codes, but I'm not G-d's policeman either. To each their own.

Last edited by friedablass; Sep 3, 2013 at 9:03 am