FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of IHG Rate Codes
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:02 am
Chinatrvl

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by friedablass
Huh??? Glad to have been given a chance to shock you . That's what this thread is all about - booking using corporate codes (even if you are not an employee of said company). And if you read through the thread you will see that many have actually booked using these codes and then are worried that they will need company ID at check-in. I, for one, have decided against this strategy because I was not comfortable with it and also because I've found better hotels than the IHG hotels in the locations I was looking at. I just tried out the codes to see what type of discount you would get using them, but I was not going to use it for booking the rooms because of the ID issue and mainly because I prefer to use points.
No, the original purpose of this thread was to gather rate codes, not corporate codes.
It has been especially useful to search for rates with certain rate codes that are usually not available when starting a normal search, such as 2-for-1 or IKEX3 or other rates. Look at the first page of this thread!

This was certainly not abusing the system and finding a work around for a rate that somebody was not entitled to. After all, 2-for-1 rates are advertised on some sites and referred to with special links, but without being limited to a certain guest group. Everyone is eligable to use those rates.

Corporate rates, however, are not rate codes but negotiated rates that must only be used by certain guests. Promoting or even advocating their illegal use was - at least for me - never the original spirit and purpose of this thread. Making otherwise hidden, but publicly available rates transparent was.

Unfortunately, over the last years, the thread has moved mostly to publishing corporate codes and discussing their illegal use.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Sep 3, 2013 at 9:06 am