FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:19 pm
patmcpsu

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
IC Frankfurt

IC Frankfurt

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Not so much

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked one night in their standard room using the Best Price Guarantee. Upgraded to a Deluxe room on the 16th floor.

How are the rooms?
Not what you expect from an Intercontinental property; it should probably be re-branded as a Crown Plaza for the sake of consistency. The bathrooms are finicky, the TV is from the 90's, the decor is stale. However, the Deluxe rooms do have a corner view, which is a nice touch.

How is the exec. lounge?
I wouldn't know; they declined to provide free-access to it.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, it was a small jar of jam (or some jam-like substance).

How was the minibar?
I raided it out of spite due to the lounge denial. The offering was weak; only two German beers, a 12oz bottle of apple wine, a bottle of red wine that didn't look good, and an assortment of lower-shelf booze.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good

-Bad

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
              There are better hotels in Frankfurt that costs around the same. I stayed here for the RA benefits, which ended up being minimal. I can understand why a hotel charging $150/nt can't afford to be generous with comps, but I still feel that I would have had better bang-for-the-buck elsewhere.

Would you return?
              Likely not.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 29, 2013 at 11:30 pm Reason: adjusted for mobile users