FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:46 am
medic51vrf

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
IC Festival City Dubai

IC Festival City Dubai

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very much so.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Was under the impression that you either got suite or Club and I wanted both so I booked a suite. At check in I was given the option of either double upgrade or single and Club. Was given upgraded suite (Creek view) with Club access.

How are the rooms?
Fantastic! The suite had one large living room with small guest toilet, a large bedroom and the main bathroom. Very nice, very comfortable and a cool way of filling the bath tub with water pouring from the ceiling.

How is the Club Lounge?
Again, fantastic! Great service, good food, and even a separate pork section for those that wanted it.

What was your welcome gift?
A printed card with a choice of about a dozen options. I chose a "specially prepared treat" from the head chef, which was an assortment of very, very nice sweets and a hand written card... MADE OUT TO SOMEONE ELSE!

How was the mini-bar?
Pretty standard. No complaints.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, a nice selection that was replenished once.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Pretty much everything. This is now one of my favourite ICs.

Bad
A couple of very minor things.
The card made out to the wrong person (clearly the person that brought it to my room had a couple of them to deliver and just placed the wrong one but it was ironic that it was my "personal" gift that got messed up)
The location is convenient to the airport and Festival City but not much else. It's only about 30 AED taxi fare to most places and no more than 100 or so to the most out of the way places, though.
The price of a car and driver to the airport. Luckily, I found out that Emirates provided the complimentary service because what the IC charges for the 2km journey is ridiculous.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
It's not the cheapest IC around but it IS one of the nicest and the service is fantastic so I'd say yes, not bad value for money.

Would you return?
As long as I'm an RA, absolutely. If I ever lose my "status" I might take a look at some of the other fantastic hotels that Dubai has to offer, though.