FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards(2013-2016).
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:32 am
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Did you do this with a clerk? If so, I'm guessing that the clerk didn't key in properly. This happened to me yesterday. The clerk knew what to do and the first 3 $500 GCs went fine, but she got a call, was distracted and didn't key in before the 4th card, and I thought she had. The card was rejected twice and so was another card I tried until she realized what hadn't happened and corrected it. I got my 2 MOs, but had to check which of the first 4 cards wasn't processed, because I had stuck them all into my pocket together.
I have a system so I know what cards are used and which one is not. I keep the activition stickers on the cards, and once I get the approved screen and the BB is loaded or MO is printed, I take the sticker off. I also have one pocket I have the cards in, and the other pocket I placed the used cards. So once I get home, I shred the used cards. This has cut down on any confusion of what cards are used and not.