FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter in Taiwan! CX F/J, JL Y, AA J/dom. F + Taipei and Kenting
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:30 pm
incognitoMD

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob

Resort Grounds

Garden

These birds hung around the hotel. They were in the lobby in the mornings.

Old Kenting Street is full of bed and breakfast type places. I'd stay in one of these when I return in the future.

Full of good eateries all around. This street gets really crowed on Friday nights, when college students and the likes visit. It is a night market, with plenty of clubs up an down.

The next morning, we headed to the Kenting Forest recreation area. Most hotels offer scooters for rent. Upon hearing that, dad flashbacked to his days in med school, and told me stories of how cool he was at riding mopeds.. And seeing as I did not plan ahead to obtain a Taiwanese driving license with my IL license, I rode on with him. To make things worse, only pink helmets remained for us to borrow...I wonder what the passerbys thought about a combination of two adults, one old and one younger, wearing pink helmets and riding a scooter that probably wasn't made to carry that much weight..

I'll save yall the weirdness of those pictures, so here is what we came across after a 20 minute ride on that thing!

Entrance to the national park

Funny warning sign.

Interesting creature on the ground

These tunnels remind me of Chinese wu-shia movies. These actually are shortcuts that go somewhere, and save you some time walking around.

Trees!

A biology lesson/explanation

After that, we simply cruised around and onto the mountain for some good scenery. We stopped at a hotel for some food before making our way back to downtown Kenting. This was the Gloria Manor, and, although a bit farther away from the activity, it appeared very luxurious and secluded. My dad had his graduation trip here, but it has been renovated a couple of years back from a popular hotel to a more sleek/modern one.

What the poolside seating looked like.

View from my seat.

Looks like something that belongs in Conde Nast traveler..

Next, we visited the Eulanbia park.

Board walks that lead up to the edge of the coast.

Hiking

The famous light house.

The rest of the time was spend at downtown Kenting. (I went to a night club, but I am sure pictures of that sort are not tolerated on FT, or my mom if she happens to find this trip report..)

Heaven! This was back at Caesar Park Hotel.

Picture perfect sunsets every afternoon~

Last edited by incognitoMD; Aug 21, 2013 at 4:10 pm