FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:38 pm
Unterwegs

IC Frankfurt

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Not really

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest, was supposed to get upgrade to a better category (still no club or suite). Room was not ready (it was after 4 pm?!). After some discussion and explaining that my preference would be Club instead of the room upgrade (which according to the discussion oat checkin they alre not allowed to privide because of IC regulations?!??) finally got 'better' room with Club

How are the rooms?

Dated. I would never expect an old tiny tube TV in an IC. Furniture looked tired. Small. Bed, Char, small table and small work area next to the small TV.
Bathroom was tiny with one of the shortest bathtubs I have ever seen.
If this is a 'better room', how are the other rooms?

How is the exec. lounge?

Top floor, view is the best. Extremely limited selection of food for breakfast, some snacks in the evening (but also at the very low end compared to other ICs)

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Some jar with a souse (don't really remember, did not take), plate with 4 fruits. No extra water (other than minibar)

How was the minibar?

Very Basic.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Location in walking distance to city
Very helpful concierge

Bad:
At check in the lady mentioned at least 10 times 'Royal Ambassador' - quite annoying.
Normally no upgrade to club
Small rooms, more what you would expect in a Holiday Inn in Europe
Small bathroom.
Food selection in Club

Good value for Value for € or Priority Club Points?

It was relatively cheap (below 100 Euro) and only for one night. For that price it was ok. Would not want to stay longer.