FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands
Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:24 am
emviflyer

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
FB Amex card: KLM's inconsiderate approach

Originally Posted by emviflyer
Correct, and they totally overlooked their "most valued customers", namely those that are platinum for life and don't need level miles.

The Hertz deal, so far, is much more expensive than what FB members without AMEX do get. Even applying the one-time discount voucher of EUR30 for a short rental.

Three nights hotel in Paris for a discounted price of EUR700 per night ??
Reissom bij vertrek in de periode:
• 19 juli – 30 augustus 2013: van € 1.705,- voor € 1.140,- p.p.
• 31 augustus – 28 september 2013: van € 2.023,- voor € 1.350,- p.p.

I have written to FB days ago, asking for clarification. We will patiently wait for a reply.
Flying Blue replied that "they do understand that I am not happy with a price increase without any new benefits".

In addition, they pointed out to me that as a benefit of the card, my partner now also has the platinum level. I find that not very elegant and it has nothing to do with my remarks about the relatively huge price increase of the card.

USD780 for an FB AMEX card ????

I fear that Flying Blue management have forgotten that towards partners, they should represent de interests of their members instead of subscribing to hollow marketing phrases the truth/value of which they didn't even bother to check.