FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Top 10 Longest **Domestic** Flights in the World
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:53 pm
jmgriffin

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CubsFanJohn
Excellent job! This is an example of why I love FT because you always learn something.
Thanks. I've already had a few comments that I missed a few flights. I've updated the main post here, of course, Weekend Blitz - TOP 10: LONGEST DOMESTIC FLIGHTS IN THE WORLD. Here are the additions (causing some to move down on the list):

UPDATE 8/10: Added AMS-BON route, thanks Scottbee/Boffin.
Worth noting: A 3rd place medal goes to the Amsterdam-AMS – Bonaire-BON route flown by Arkefly’s 767-300 for 4,844 miles, scheduled flight time is 11h 0 mins.

Longest non-stop domestic flight within contiguous country

Update 8/10: PlymSpotter points out that:
  • The longest domestic flight in Russia is actually AER-KHV at 4,287 miles
  • Moscow-VKO – PKC is actually a few miles longer than the DME-PKC route.
  • DME-UUS is 10 miles longer than SVO-UUS.
  • Updates have been made below.
Winner: Khabarovsk, Russia-KHV to Adler, Russia-ADL clocking in at 4,287 miles is flown on a Transaero B767-200 in 9h 30 mins. Interestingly, the Transaero website says that they fly the route in 4,271 miles making them either guilty of a typo or they're fricken magicians.

Runner(s) up: Just about all Moscow airports (VKO, DME and SVO) fly direct to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Airport-PKC (I mean is that really necessary, Russia?), super impressive that these flights don’t pass over borders or water:
  • Moscow-VKO – PKC = 4,228 miles on a Transaero 767-300.
  • Moscow-DME - PKC = 4,224 miles. The flight takes 8h 40mins on Transaero’s B777-300.
  • Moscow-SVO - PKC = 4,203 miles. This flight takes just 8h 05mins on Aeroflot’s B777-300ER (Rossiya Airlines sells tickets as well).

Last edited by jmgriffin; Aug 10, 2013 at 8:44 am