FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:42 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Kiev

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Classic, given two level upgrade with Club

How are the rooms?
Large with a balcony overlooking St. Michael's. Good sized bathroom, excellent shower with great water pressure. Amenities Azzard, which was strange in that there is a flyer in the room, in both English and Russian, from the IC Kiev and Agraria saying that Agraria is the exclusive partner for toiletries. Azzard was fine though.

How is the exec. lounge?
One of the best IC lounges there is IMHO. At check in I was told I could have supper in the lounge and they were right. I was well fed. Imported wines are expensive in Ukraine but they had a decent French white and Italian red, along with Ukrainian sparkling and the other usual drinks.

However for breakfast I could also choose the restaurant which I did and it was excellent. Fresh squeezed OJ and a great omelet station.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
An elegant painted egg, very nice fruit bowl and still and sparkling water.

How was the minibar?
Nice enough, but the only alcohol is 4 bottles of Czech beer.

Airport transport is €40 either way for a Toyota, or €100 for a Mercedes. I took the Toyota which was fine, however on the return it seemed the Toyota was double booked so they upgraded the RA to the Mercedes.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Upgrade with excellent Club
Central location
Nice rooftop bar
Mercedes upgrade
Excellent staff

Bad:
Nothing

Good value for Value for € or Priority Club Points?
Yes, the hotel is relatively empty this time of year so the price wasn't too bad.