FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:05 pm
RTW1

OK....I'm game, without the intention of offending anyone....

I really don't get why people are more upset about someone abusing a corporate rate that is reserved for a charity anymore than someone trying the same abuse on any other corporate rate they are not entitled to.

It's Hyatt you are abusing, nothing really to do with the entity the rate is assigned to.

I find any abuse of these rates equally offensive, that's to say... Not that much. It's upto the hotel to set the rules and rates for these discounts, and also to implement the enforcement of the rules. I almost find it just as offensive if I have to pay more than someone else just because they belong to some club or work for a specific corporation..... But I also get that is the way things work.

And it would be relatively easy to verify the validity of a corporate rate based on your account. But I guess the hotels are reluctant to implement that in fear of losing any bookings.... And since they control rates and availability for these rates they probably aren't even bothered that much... Any booking is better than none.

The fear/shame of getting caught however prevents me from using any of the corporate rates.... But I sometimes do feel cheated when I see what the difference really can be.

Last edited by RTW1; Aug 8, 2013 at 3:12 pm