FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Club membership from Chase credit cards
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:39 pm
wise2u

re

Originally Posted by heta
I cancelled my Ritz card two weeks ago after I received the 2nd year loungeclub card. I have not used it, but called loungeclub today and was told the card is still active. Technically, loungeclub membership should deactivate when the credit card is cancelled, but now I wonder if I can still use it. I can try next week but I don't want to get charged for the visit later...
post back if you try it....I am in the same boat. We cancelled RC card and then a few weeks later they sent us a new lounge club card with 2014 exp.
The deal with RC and lounge club was you got 2 people in free every time you used it...so there was no per use charge to go back to the card. Even so with the card cancelled how would they collect? If they check to make sure your RC is currently in good standing and find out it's closed then I could see them cancelling your loungecard or deny you access, but if they let you in because RC forgot to call them and cancel it, I don't think they could do much to you after the fact.