FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Register for Fall 2013 MegaBonus by November 15, 2013
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:54 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
The bit about not changing has been in the last mega/unexpected bonus offers and most have still had success at changing.
No. This is incorrect. It's easy enough to check this information before posting, or put a disclaimer that you "are not sure," but "to the best of your memory" or "I think" so that nobody actually relies on the misinformation.

The unexpected bonus terms state:
The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.
The Fall Bonus information in the first post here states:
The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.Because each promotional offer is personalized for factors such as a member’s history with the Rewards program, frequency and nature travel, along with plenty of other factors, individual offers may not be switched
While many previous offers have had the language about not be transferable, this is the first time in my memory there has been a specific prohibition against switching. Maybe the MR agents will switch if asked, or maybe MR is tired of the switching and put in this very specific new restriction. I'm betting on the latter. Why else would they have added this word?