FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Buy gift cards for camera gear?
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2013, 2:48 pm
Tiki

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by skitch23
According to this fatwallet thread from 2010, Kohl's does carry BB gift cards. With all of the hoopla around the HIGC fiasco, I wouldn't be surprised if OD stops allowing GC's to be purchased with a CC. I'm not sure how much equipment you plan on buying, but I would:

1. sync your amex for the $25 off deal
2. buy ~$260 less worth of gift cards that you actually need (hopefully at Kohl's)
3. use the gift cards and charge ~$260 to your PRG.

You'll be getting 5x back on the Freedom, and ~10% off with the PRG plus 1x points on your $260 purchase.

As an alternative I would do the same steps above but purchase the GC with the PRG at a supermarket (maybe Von's?)... not really familiar with LA grocery stores.
In my Mom's area the local supermarkets are: Albertson's, Vons, Food4Less, Safeway, Walmart (doesn't code as supermarket?), Scolari's.

There is also a Kohl's in the area so this looks like a good option.
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Is Best Buy close in price to them? I usually find B&H/Adorama/Amazon to be a bit better on price than Best Buy.
In the case of the lens and speedlite I want, the prices are the same. For personal reasons, I need to do a walk-in purchase of the items. I only mentioned them so the thread wouldn't get taken off-topic to a discussion of online retailers when I am asking about walk-in retailers.