FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Diamond Challenge & M-Life
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:47 pm
azepine00
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What a strange rant - but seems in alignment with gimme gimme attitude on Hyatt board...
Pretty much everyone on this thread were told mlife stays are not counted for challenge.
I am not actually sure if spg counts multiple roomd for plat challenges - they certainly do not count award nights even though those are normally qualifying.

Originally Posted by traderprofit
Dana ,
This is the opposite of what every Gold pasport rep told me. I have 9 nights paid for at the park Hyatt Busan, but Hyatt only counts 5 of those to the Challenge "because u can't stay in 2 rooms at once" Frankly, you haven't seen how big I am, and I can always sleep in the doorway of the connecting rooms. SPG gives this credit. In any case, i met the terms of the offer and we shall see what happens when Jul 31 rolls around, but I'd be unlikely to spend some of the 60+ nights I have given to SPG this year, on Hyatt properties in the future if they change their agreements after realizing some rooms can be booked cheaply. Frankly, I live in Vegas, but I would have used Hyatt on my last trip to Africa except they had no hotels there.
I pay for all my stays out of pocket---i am a retired 100+ per night luxury leisure traveler and between SPG and LHW...there just wouldn't be any point "fighting over it" Besides, my AARP card prohibits excessive legal exertions.