FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX to SYD
Thread: LAX to SYD
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:04 pm
ashill

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by relberger
Not bad, for me the key is sticking to the australian reds and sleeping 6-8h definitely helps.
This is actually a reason to fly QF or VA metal. They both serve at-least-drinkable and often pretty good (Australian) wine in coach, with a label not to be ashamed of and a vintage. VA served a Brokenwood Shiraz on the flight I just got off of; that's actually a wine I serve in my house on occasion. (Far from my favourite Hunter Valley winery, but no complaints for an airplane.) DL serves undrinkable swill out of a box.

I do find the Delta seats to be better padded and slightly more comfortable than VA's seats. The differences between VA and DL metal are small enough so that price and schedule are usually more important factors for me, remembering that no lounge access in Australian international terminals or LAX T3 when in coach on VA metal as a DL elite.

+1 to someone else on the 9-across seating DL and VA both use on their 777s. I doubt any airline will update cabin designs with 9-across on 777s now, so we should "enjoy" it while it lasts.