FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amazon Payments
Thread: Amazon Payments
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:54 am
Jasper2

New AP strategy

This may work for a few others. It does work for me, and very well. My brother (in a different state) and I both use the same Arkansas bank. I live in another state. His wife also has a bank account at the same bank. The bank allows instantaneous transfers from any account in the bank to any other account in the bank (but not FROM any account). Obviously all of us have the same last name, but different SS#'s and different bank account #'s. Each of us has his/her own AP account. Transfers to and from each other are easily handled virtually instantaneously, and no writing of checks and mailing back and forth. May not be necessary, but we divide the $1000 limit into two or three separate spends, and the amounts are never the same, nor are the dates.

An added bonus is the bank pays 3% interest on all deposits up to $25K. You need to use your debit card 10 times each month (transit fares, parking meters, coffee at Starbucks, etc.), have one automatic ACH payment or ACH deposit) plus use the online account web site at least once. Lest others want to use the same bank, you can now only open one if you live in Arkansas. I opened mine before that requirement was added.

Been doing this for only about 8 months, but all purchases and transfers are handled immediately. Never get a "pending" notice.